Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Day 28 - Day is Done




Got home about 7:15 pm tonight after a long day on the road.  I love going to Chama, but it is an all day adventure, and I am spent for the evening.  Hope sleep comes as easily for me as it does for good ole Charlie Brown!

When I am traveling I have lots of "think time," so I relax a bit as I dream, or I can get myself all wound up thinking about things I cannot change.  As I was getting ready for work this morning I was thinking about situations that are never laid to rest. Things people beat themselves up about or cannot seem to get past.  Consequently, when they are in social gatherings the conversation invariably goes back to the same ole thing.  I have grown in the area of compassion, but there are times when even I want to explode.  So I was talking to God about it, and I just felt that the words I need to express are this:  "Don't think about the things you cannot do or circumstances you cannot change, rather think about what you can do."  In fact I used my own words today with someone, and I think I was heard...or at least I hope so.

I realize I've had more than my own share of beating myself over stuff, but I tend to do it in seclusion more often than not. But I have improved, and it is a sigh of relief.  I know that writing my blog daily is actually keeping me focused on being grateful, and I am grateful for that!  Generally I am a very happy person, but this past year has been a HUGE challenge of my patience.  Thankfully, my patience has been developing over the years as well.

So as I ready myself for a good night's snooze, I will listen to Charlie Brown's ending statement, that "Tomorrow comes with a whole new light."  Light being the operative word.

Hope you have a wonderful, peaceful sleep, and I will catch ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment