Sunday, March 18, 2018

Days 27 - 33 Season of Lent

Image result for images of Jesus with disciples

The breeze gently awakens the song of the wind chimes reminding me of God's amazing grace. Spring is around the corner, and new growth begins to spout from hardened soil. The promise of new life and renewal. This morning I have a calm assurance after completing a dreaded task - taxes. With my friend by my side we survived the computer humor of Turbo Tax walking us through step-by-step through a maze of forms. Thankfully, I muddled through with "the odds forever in my favor." One down - two more hurdles to jump!

This week has been calmer in some ways, but I need to learn from the previous one to take it easy on myself. I demand too much, and it has taken a toll on me -  all of me. Counseling is forcing me to take a break from schedules, learn to relax, and focus. I know what I need to do to encourage myself, but I fail to follow through. Maybe I should develop my own Plan of Care and hold myself accountable. Time will tell how it all goes.

Although my life was more peaceful, I encountered some storm clouds brewing. Sometimes the best thing to do is listen and pray. I'm learning I cannot change the heart. That's God's job, and mine is to pray. Focusing on the words of Jesus, the comforting words He spoke to His disciples prior to Gethsemane and ultimately Golgotha. Words of peace, reality, victory, overcoming death. I'm excited to see what He has planned for me just around the bend in the road and the not-so-gentle climb up the mountain. It becomes natural to trust Him and believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment