Sunday, March 25, 2018

Days 36 - 40 Season of Lent

Image result for images of Jesus

The weather has been warmer with a little chilly nip in the early morning breeze. Earlier in the week, there  was a brief promise of rain, but the storm clouds drifted away inviting the warmth of the sun. The day dawned hopeful, peaceful, but it quickly changed to an internal storm of the never-changing war that ensues among people. One would hope that during this season of Lent that human kind could resist the petty quarrels and cease the strife that threatens peace. It is particularly distressing when the dis-ease includes the household of God. Brother struggles again brother on Saturday going unrepentant to church on Sunday morning. And we wonder why the world chooses not to go. Judgment begins in the house of the Lord, as the scriptures warn, goes unheeded.

In my reading for today, recounting each of the trials of David as Saul chased after him to kill him, and later as David made poor moral choices, it was said, "Through it all, David seeks God zealously and confesses His sin promptly." I admit that I struggle with my thought life at times, proving my flaws. Things that may injure an unbeliever or damage a struggling Christian's faith if spoken and misinterpreted wrongly. So, each day I ask God to guard my thoughts and put a lock on my mouth.
I am full of faith and strength that comes from my joy in the Lord, but this physical body is exhausted from lack of sleep. Some days I feel the need to rest, and this rest includes foregoing an occasional Sunday service. I love to go to church. I always have since childhood, but when turmoil lies under the surface, I cannot find peace I need to get me through the week ahead.

It is my prayer that today, Palm Sunday brings only the joyful saints who gather to praise the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord and King. And to remember the sacrifice He made and the debt He paid for us so we who believe on Him should have eternal life. A place that defies all imagination - peace, beauty, no more sickness, pain or death. A place of rest in His Presence for ever more!

My celebration of Jesus today has been wonderful beyond comprehension. I can only express the joy I feel with songs that reach to the depth of my soul. Above all today, my friends, Celebrate Jesus !

No comments:

Post a Comment