Saturday, September 22, 2018

Saturday - Como el viento sopla!


Image result for image of the wind blowing the autumn leaves

It's been awhile....

As many already know, I am retiring. My last work day will be September 28th, so the countdown begins! I have many mixed emotions, but I am trying to focus only on today and what I need to accomplish today. This has been my daily prayer, my daily focus for months - thinking on one thing only...Jesus as He directs my path.

For years my doctor has felt that I needed a different career path, as case management by any other name is what I have devoted my "career" to doing. I see a need, and I'm off and running. It can be exciting at times, but it is extremely stressful all the time. I've met a handful of folks with the same calling over these years, and our lives have not been easy. Sometimes I think that I've wasted my life in not pursuing another direction, but the closer I walk with the Lord, the more I see that nothing we do is ever wasted if we truly have a desire to walk in His ways. We detour and put ourselves through pain and grief, but even so, He can work all things for good. I can truly see that in my journey.

Today there are many thing vying for my attention, but like Mary, I have chosen the better way. As I sit here in the quietness of this Saturday morning, I only want to be in this moment. Many notes, unanswered letters, and lists clutter my dining room table. So, the first thing I did was clear them away, out of sight, so I could only focus on my first priority of the day...each day...Jesus. I cannot understand how anyone can begin a day without first talking to Him. I watched God's Not Dead 3 this week, and the last words spoken by a dying man were "God is good all the time, and all the time God is good." I want those to be the words I speak as I am taking my last breath. Because He is!

I have so many things to accomplish these last five days of work, and I have some personal hurdles to jump as well. I've already managed to do quite a bit since handing in my notice, but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my work. I don't want to leave anything undone. I know I'll muddle through, as I always have, one step at a time.

Besides this being my last work week, I am planning a road trip the week of October 1st! I will be hopping in my car en-route to Virginia where on October 6th I will attend my 50th High School Reunion with my old school chums. I'm anxious to see those friends whom I've not seen in many years, as well as those I've seen from time to time while visiting all these years. Generally, the first thing I am asked when I drift into town is "How long you staying?" Well this time I don't have a set date to return, so I can take my time and basically do whatever I want to do. As I say to my friends..."como el viento sopla!" That would make a great soap opera OR a first book, don't you think?!

For today, however,  I don't have any "set in stone" plans, but there are things I need to do, so I best get at it! I hope y'all have a beautiful day. Enjoy God's great creation.




No comments:

Post a Comment