Sunday, September 23, 2018

Sunday - Beside Still Waters

Image result for images of Jesus walking with me in forests

It seems strange to be attempting to blog on a daily basis again. Sometimes I just get these crazy ideas into my head, and I just have to act upon them. Like quitting my job. There are some days when I think, "What were your thinking! Are you nuts!" But really, in spite of what my daughter says, I am not one to act impulsively...well, not any more. I've had some times when it appeared that I did so, but I think I did things out of guilt and shame in certain situations. But those days are over. And this is my life. I'm on a new journey, and it is an exciting leap of faith.

People say they trust God all the time, but when push comes to shove, I've not seen the reality in those statements. I hear comments all the time, "I wish I could afford to retire!", but trust me, my decision is not based on what I can or cannot afford. I'm being obedient to what I feel I need to do at this stage in my life. It's not about age, but it does concern health, and like anyone, I want to have optimal health, especially in this next stage. I have mountains to bike, sights to see, pages to write, and a story to tell. So that's the plan.

Jesus says not to worry about tomorrow, and when questions arise or things begin to get a little scary, to focus on Him. I can tell you that a quiet walk in the woods on a sunny day with Jesus helps my outlook improve. Pretty soon, He and I will be cruising across country in my aspen white Nissan Sentra in search of adventure around every crook in the road. Now that's exciting! But for today I'm keeping my focus on this moment in time, not making any plans, and resting on the promises He's given me. He always keeps His promises, ya know! It will be grand!


No comments:

Post a Comment