Saturday, December 20, 2014

Shine On





Today marks the anniversary of my parents' deaths and the day my precious uncle is laid to rest.  I know they have already reunited in Heaven and are singing and rejoicing with the angels in the presence of our Lord and King.

Although it is a sad day, because we always miss the ones we love, it is a day of happiness for the life they now live, the one we have the hope of sharing if we merely place our hand in the hand of the One who loves us, who gave His life so we may live eternally in peace with Him.  It is beyond all imagining this life He offers to us if we simply believe and accept Him.

I have such cherished memories of my Uncle John, all engrafted on my heart since childhood. So many who knew him appreciate the warmth of his smile and the generosity of his spirit. He loved to laugh, and he loved his family well. Above all he lived his faith before all he met, a legacy we can pay forward.  As he touched each of our lives in a special way, so we need to share the hope with others. 

As we approach Christmas Day it is my prayer that we find new strength, new faith and hope in the dreams Christ has given to each of us.  Miracles do exist today, and it is my hope that we can look within ourselves to understand the meaning of this message.  We are candles set upon a hill, and they should never be hidden. Shine forth in darkness this Christmas and bring light to the world.  Never doubt His presence; never doubt His love. He lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment