Thursday, July 7, 2022

Just a Note

 I love to write, and I feel that is the one thing I am called to do, yet apart from write my daily journal and occasional letters to friends, I seldom get around to the book. I cannot really say that I am distracted, although there are plenty of distractions each day. But sitting down and focusing on writing at certain times each day just is not easy for me. Journaling comes more easily, and in those journals, are the majority of the pages I need to pull out for my story. But, even in that, there is a level of frustration, because I feel as if by taking time to focus on the book, I am writing what I wrote earlier in my journals again. I know it sounds crazy or illogical, but there it is nonetheless. And quite honestly, some days I wonder why bother at all. Who'd want to read anything I have to say?!

But the who or if really are not the important questions. The real issue is obedience. Just like writing this blog. The last three days I have been trying to start again, because I felt that was what God said to do. As in the past, some days may seem more "inspired" than others when I am just trying to write. But whatever I write, it is important, because words are important just as life is important. Few people really understand that relevance about life. God created each person with a specific job to do. I for one do not want to get to the end of my life not fulfilling what He wrote about me in His book. Maybe someone reading this blog is not even aware that God has a book with your name on it. Well, He does. Psalm 139 speaks about God's intentions and His love and care for each of us. You may want take the time to read it.

We are all created with one purpose, and that purpose is to declare the works of the LORD and give Him glory. Jesus is our reason. I find it hard to understand why few understand or care about Him. I know I am somewhat of a fanatic when it comes to my love of Jesus, but if You knew Him, you might feel the same way.

Many times I've mentioned the series The Chosen being aired free live stream. It's the story of Jesus and His disciples, and their journey in bringing the Good News to the world. I recommend it highly for anyone who doubts, who is lonely, who is lost, for anyone really. "Seasoned" saints may feel they don't need or desire to watch it, and that's okay, but I have watched it over and over and over again, and I will continue to do so. It's that good, or at least I think so, and there are thousands who agree. Plus it's free, and little is these days.

Tonight I was speaking with someone who has been struggling with feeling "worthy" to go to heaven. Well, guess what! No one is "worthy" for anything. That may offend someone, but the closer I try to walk with Jesus, the more I appreciate the sacrifice He made to save me and the free gift of salvation given to those who simply believe He is who He says He is and did what He said He did. But there's more. We need to show Him that we love Him and am grateful for everything He did and does. Now as I am writing this, I know that I am simplifying it, but I do so for clarity. Plus, there's a high cost for discipleship, because it requires everything. All I can say for those who wonder what I am trying to say, I can only say, read the Book.

The day is drawing to a close, and I'm tired. I had a long day of trying to get somewhere and getting turned around again. I guess I lived in New Mexico so long that I get lost in civilization. But I must say that getting turned around does have its advantages. I get to enjoy some beautiful scenery, plus I get to meet new people when I feel the need to stop and ask for directions. Still I had a good day with a close friend, and I was able to come back strong, encouraging someone who needed an ear and some reassurance that "Yes, Jesus loves you." Not a bad way to spend a day and end a day, plus tomorrow is another day for Abba to shine! He always does!!



No comments:

Post a Comment