Saturday, July 9, 2022

Thoughts

 

 For quite awhile now I have observed two Sabbath rests. I anxiously await these special days of spending time alone with Jesus, and in fellowship with friends and family of like faith. It gives me greater strength to face each day, especially with our current national and world situations. 

I just posted a trailer for a movie by Mel Gibson, the sequel to The Passion of the Christ. Wow! When I saw Jesus coming riding on His white horse with the saints with Him, my heart leaped! I so long to see Him coming again in glory for all to see! And make no mistake, He is coming! This should never frighten a believer, unless of course, there is something wrong with the relationship. But God is always ready for fences to be mended...relationships too. He longs to spend time with us.

I just finished reading the headline prayers for my prayer group, and I must say that being "in the know" is not always pleasant, but it is expedient in knowing how to pray. I was saddened to see the news of the death of the former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, and to know that these things are happening world wide. I remember so well the day President John Kennedy was assassinated, walking down the steps of the school as we were dismissed early in the day. I remember when Robert Kennedy and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr were killed as well. These things are not easily erased from my memory. 

Today I was talking to my son about a comment a celebrity made regarding the reversal of Roe vs Wade and Casey and the role of the church is playing in helping these mothers who are in crisis. I feel that it is the responsibility of the church to walk along beside these ladies in providing resources and support in whatever means needed. The celebrity was commenting about those who wanted to adopt the unwanted children. He stated that the idea was sick and suggested they would be better off aborted. I couldn't understand why anyone would feel this way. There are so many things that I don't understand, but I know that God does and that He has all things in His control. I pray that hearts change.

Well, the hour is late, and it's time I get to bed. I'm anxious about being in church tomorrow. I trust you will have a great day with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment