Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Reflections - 1/3/2023

 

My day started early, Mia anxious to be fed. Alex was also waiting at the back door ready to enjoy his first meal of the day, as he tends to chow down more than Mia. He's quickly becoming a fluffy round ball of long, gray and black streaked fuzz. I've nicknamed him Gordito, as he is becoming a little rotund for a smaller Maine coon. But he's so adorable, and as I have mentioned before, although I am really not a cat person, he's stolen my heart. Mia technically belongs to my son, Daniel, but she tends to relax in my room for extended periods of the day. She'll come in, and sit at my feet as I am reading or working on a project, enjoying the gentle motion of my rocking chair, hoping I'll give up my seat for her. When that fails, she'll take over the bed, flopping wherever she likes. But in spite of her thinking she rules the roost, I do enjoy her antics and occasional temper tantrums when she doesn't get her way. 

I enjoy the early part of the morning, before or just as the sun is coming up. I love to look out the window at the huge maple tree in the back yard and at the birds playing outside in the bushes. It's generally quiet in this old neighborhood on the edge of country living, and I can get lost in the quiet and wonder of the morning. Even if it's raining or gloomy, I can still get lost in thought, grateful for the little piece of earth God has gifted to me. 

As the day progressed I caught up on reading the daily buzz of news, and although difficult to swallow at times, it does not steal the joy I have in knowing that God is larger than anything going on in the world, and nothing catches Him by surprise. Still, He has a work for us to do as we stand in the gap, holding up concerns in prayer. 

It's now late in the evening, as I reflect on the day, preparing for bed. Once more it is extremely quiet, so I can focus on quiet time and listen while I talk to Abba. I generally post prayer needs received from Intercessors for America, if I feel led to do so. I try to avoid many of our reports, because quite honestly, I don't think people really want to know what is actually going on in the nation today or what God thinks about it all. The apathy I see from professing believers is distressing, but what is encouraging is seeing Northern Virginia parents raise up and say enough is enough when it comes to protecting their children. I applaud when I hear about one of my fellow intercessors who, like Daniel in the Bible, cared not of the edits of the king, and did not bow his knee to Baal by worshiping a mortal king who threatens death to those who disobey him. Rather he worshiped the King of Kings three times daily in plain view. Today Christians are being arrested for simply praying quietly whether it be before a ball game or for those grieving the death of a public servant at the scene of an accident. Somehow it enrages people to see us pray in public, even if prayers are silent, but it does not concern anyone when immoral acts are performed or lauded in public or satan worshipers parade defiantly openly mocking God. I understand that public prayer is now banned, but this will not keep me from bowing my head at the dinner table in public to thank God openly for the meal, blessing those who worked hard to prepare it. I won't stop testifying of the Lord I love who has done so much for me, healing my physical body and redeeming me, calling me His own when I felt so abandoned by everyone else. And it won't stop me from praying for anyone who asks me to pray whether it is on a sidewalk or the middle of a store. 

But what I really do not understand is how some pastors are more concerned with growing their church membership with programs than preaching the word of God and standing for what is right. I don't understand why so many are turning their backs not wanting to get involved, don't want to rock boats, or lose their tax standing. Sure, they admit that the Lord can return at any time, but rather than warn people and call them to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, they are content to wait for the rapture, assuming they will go when He comes. But if I am reading my Bible correctly, it doesn't say sit back and wait for Jesus to return, stay hidden in a hole and be quiet, rather He said to occupy and snatch people from hell. Revelation boldly states that we will overcome by the blood of Lamb, and the word of our testimony, and we love not our lives to the death. The way things are progressing, we could be required to deny Christ or die. It is a sobering thought, but it already happens in foreign countries and has for many, many years.

I also know quite a bit about miracles on a personal level, so it really upsets me when people assume that if they get a certain diagnosis that they are going to die. Why is our opinion of the Almighty so small? Either He is who He says He is and does what He says He does, or we are deceived. I have a testimony, and I know He does what He says and what He already has done. 

As I close my day in prayer, it is my heart's desire to see many people know Him as Savior, Lord, and Friend. May the Lord bless you as you seek His face!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment