Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Sharing a Thought

 Free Landscape Storm photo and picture

 
 
Today is a beautiful sunny day, thus far, that is. Yesterday, it rained and stormed for a time, but it had periods of refreshing. The rains are always refreshing to me, and I even like thunder and lightning. It reminds me of the invisible war in the heavenlies that most people are not aware of going on for the sake of God's beloved ones here on earth, especially in Israel.

I was listening to Give Him 15 this morning, and Dutch said something about a controversy over the Appeal to Heaven flag. I used to have one outside my home, until the rains finally did it in. I tried to wash it, and it disintegrated. I haven't replaced it, honestly because it costs $40, and the money was better served elsewhere at this time. God knows that my allegiance is to Him. I wasn't aware that it held many meanings for individual owners, some adding their own hack of it or observers adding their own evil intention to it. The flag originated with General George Washington when he knelt in prayer asking for God's assistance during wartime. For me, when I began flying it when I lived in New Mexico, it portrayed my appeal to the only One who can help our nation and our world that has so desperately turned their backs on Him. Now it would symbolize even more of an appeal as all the nations are turning their backs on Israel. But I don't need a flag. God sees and knows my heart. 
 
Our nation and world leaders need to fall down on their faces and seek God's face and beg His forgiveness.  As an individual, I pray daily for repentance, first examining my own heart, as God is correct when He said in scripture that the heart is desperately wicked. He made us, He knows us! It has been such a blessings these past eight months to be part of the ICEJ prayer calls each morning, as each of us repents, first asking Holy Spirit to examine our own hearts, and then, only then, can we stand in the gap for our nations and the world. Our focus is Israel, whom scripture says has already suffered double for all her sins, but it is humbling to see great leaders, men and women of God who hold high positions in the ministry, humbly ask His pardon.

Few Pastors will speak up for righteousness from the pulpit or in public these days. I don't understand it, but I have noticed more and more that the full counsel of God is not being preached in church. The churches do not appear unified either. I remember a time when there was weekly or at least monthly meetings of the churches in the small town where I was living in New Mexico. Imagine the impact that would have on our country and on the world if pastors and leaders from each denomination would meet together regularly to pray.

But this is not the only difference I have found among Christians that I have observed since my return to Virginia after 35 years of being in New Mexico. Sadly, not only is the Bible not being taught as written, without apology, but there are compromises being made that are contrary to the word of God. We need to have our toes stepped on in church weekly, if not more, and we need to repent, search our hearts and remove anything that is contrary to the written Word, our covenant with God. I have failed God so much in my lifetime, and I implore you to live your lives sold out to Jesus. He is the only way, and if we continue to nail Him to the cross through disobedience what does that really say of our commitment to Him. I was saved at the age of 8, baptized, and I spent all my time in church and in activities, and I knew that I was called from childhood to do certain things. YET, I fell badly. God told me I'd go through fires, but not be burned, and I'd go through floods, but not be drowned. He also told me satan wanted to sift me like wheat. Everything that God told me, everything, has happened. But, like Peter, I was restored. Not that man reached out to me, but I was so close to Jesus that I recognized my stupidity quickly. I never wanted to hurt anyone, especially not myself, by my decisions in life, but I did. But God, in His infinite mercy and grace, stayed with me, and pursued me. He will never let us go. Once, as I was scribbling rapidly in my journal, seeking Him for direction, feeling so lost, He told me that I belonged to Him. And I do. And just like John 15 says, we are woven together in the vine, connected, and He won't let me go.

What He has done for me, and what He continues to do for me, you can also experience if you surrender your wills to Him, trusting Him for your needs whether they be spiritual, physical, mental, financial, or emotional. He supplies your every need.
 
I hope that this day brings revelation light to whoever may need to hear this word today. My cup overflows with joy today for Who my Abba is and who my wonderful Yeshua is to me. I want to shout from the rooftops that He Lives!! Because He does.

Spend some time in Ephesians today and be built up.
 
Shalom!




No comments:

Post a Comment