Saturday, November 19, 2016

Proclamation


 


Each day of my life is a gift from God. I, who am a sinner saved by grace, am so thankful for a loving Abba Father. He made His presence known to me as a child struggling as part of a dysfunctional household and within my own life while battling enemies not yet recognized. He gave me dreams and visions that no man can hinder, regardless of the lies I have been given to believe from childhood up to the present age. He alone is my vindicator and judge. He alone is my Abba, my Lord, my Defender. He who shelters me day and night with His divine protection, because He neither slumbers nor sleeps. He loves me with an everlasting love. I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, because it is life to all who seek Him. He gives life, strength, and comfort through the person of Holy Spirit who dwells within my soul and spirit directing my path step-by-step. No weapon formed against me and mine will prosper. Any tongue that rises up against us He will show to be in the wrong. He has promised to fight my battles. I never have to fear. He goes before me and holds my right hand.

I am speechless at the thought that He chose me for a special purpose and that He is putting people in my path to support His ministry in and through me. I am humbled and grateful beyond words. May I decrease that He will increase. All praise and glory to my Abba Father and my Lord Jesus Christ, lover of my soul.

This is my proclamation on this November 19, 2016. It goes out to everyone who reads this blog and with whom it may be shared. Jesus is Lord of my life.

Last night I was privileged to attend a benefit concert for Sangre de Cristo House and honoring the  founder, Father Terry Brennan. He was born in Ohio and attended Ohio State University and later American University in Washington, DC. He received his law degree and served in Washington, DC. While taking a sabbatical and volunteering in Santa Fe he realized this was the place he needed to be. Later he received his calling into the priesthood where he has served many people in New Mexico. His journey has been inspirational.

The main event was a performance by Ernestine Romero from Pojoaque who was named Female Vocalist of the Year at the 2016 Tejano Music Awards. I had such a wonderful time enjoying the music and mixing with my Hispanic friends and fellow supporters of this wonderful ministry. Sangre de Cristo House is a transitional living home for women in recovery located in Pena Blanca, New Mexico.  It supports women by offering "a safe home for recovering women by offering them a safe transitional home environment and by "helping them rebuild their parent/child bond, building life skills, by exploring how to balance employment and recovery, and growing a spiritual strength for long-term recovery."  It is a blessing and a unique resource for our community.

The longer I serve in this area of Northern New Mexico I see the many needs of the culture and the time in which we are living. We can either choose to grumble and complain and do nothing to change the circumstances of our world or we can grab the vision, roll up our sleeves and get busy doing something to make a difference. We will reach obstacles, and we will encounter opposition, but we look to God for direction and depend on Him to fight our battles. When Franklin Graham was doing his year long tour to visit the capitals of all the 50 states he urged Christians to become involved in government or support others who are actively trying to make this a better place in our homes, schools, businesses, community and government. 

While reading through my daily devotionals I stumbled upon some inspiring quotations:


"If the world seems cold to you, kindle fires to warm it."

Mathilda Gage


"The moment you doubt whether you cannot fly,
you cease forever to be able to do it."

JM Barrie


"Don't let yesterday take up too much of today"
Will Rogers


And now may God, who gives us His peace, be with you all. Amen (Romans 15:33)

No comments:

Post a Comment