Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving



As I sat at my table this morning I recounted the many times Abba has delivered my family through difficult circumstances. Each of my three children have encountered horrendous obstacles, and each one continues to suffer in one way or another. Together we have endured attacks on every level - spirit, soul, body, mind - yet through God's power we have overcome and continue to do so. Our journeys and the blessings that have come have truly been amazing, yet only I can see the significance of that statement at this moment in history. And that's okay, because I see the privilege we have been given by God to stand for Him as a testimony of His purpose in and through each of us. I praise and thank Him for His long suffering as we are difficult people.

This Thanksgiving, like many, I am separated from my children as my two sons live nearer to the east coast, and my daughter is simply too ill for a visit. Still, they are close to me in my heart. My tradition of the Star Wars marathon on Thanksgiving is something my sons enjoy, but my daughter has always been partial to Christmas dramas on the Hallmark Channel. I enjoy a mix of both, but then I watch Christmas movies year round. Christmas is a day-to-day celebration in my home, Christmas tree and all! I keep it up to remind me of the precious friends and family as each ornament or decoration has meaning to me. I believe it is important to surround oneself with the treasure we have in friends and family, special memories, and even bittersweet reminders. This way our hearts sing, and a smile lights our face each time we look around beholding the riches of our blessings in the simplest things.

Next Saturday I will host a fun-filled day creating ornaments or simple gifts with my friend's grandchildren. My latest endeavor is making Christmas stars from toilet paper rolls, an art I learned from a friend I visited this week. It's the simple things in life we can enjoy, and I will have another memory added to my already crowded little Christmas tree.

This Thanksgiving I am grateful to God for taking my life, such as it is, and using me for such a time as this. To bring glory to Him in all I say and do!


No comments:

Post a Comment