Sunday, September 20, 2015

Day 263 Me Time

 Robyn Davidson on her camel, by Rick Smolan

"Some nomads are at home everywhere.
Others are at home nowhere, and
I was one of those."
Robyn Davidson
Tracks


An adventurous life is something I dream about having. My older son once said he was full of wanderlust, and I think he must have gotten that characteristic from me. It's not a bad trait, if you don't shirk responsibility and throw caution to the wind. But it is somewhat solitary, so you have to be the type of person who can easily adapt to all circumstances. I've been adapting to change most of my life, so perhaps this is the life for me.

This afternoon I watched the movie Tracks the story of Robyn Davidson who made a trek across the desert of Australia to the Indian Ocean which crosses 1700 miles. It is a tale of an impossibility, especially for a woman alone, but she did it, because "impossible" is not a word in her vocabulary. Granted she made the journey when she was younger, but I still feel that there are dreams at any age we must pursue. Impossible isn't in my vocabulary either, so I defy anyone who tries to dampen my spirit, the person I was born to be and the life I was created to live.

Doings things alone has always been my experience, because no one can walk or live out your destiny. It is a very personal call, and there should not be limits as we walk out into the great  unknown clothed in faith, hope, and determination living out our destiny.  I am at a place in my life where I feel that I am on the verge, the edge, of stepping out and taking that leap of faith to my next adventure.

Where my path will lead, what it will entail, and who it may involve are still questions, the answers I am exploring. Robyn's right when she said that we need very little in the way of "things" in our life. I know I've been feeling the need to minimize "stuff," which is the reason I never bought another home. I want to be free to just go and "be" living a life of freedom. So, where the road will take me is still being considered. Some days...most days I just feel like leaving it all behind, jumping into my car with my bicycle strapped on the back, and head on down the road. Who knows...maybe one day I'll just do it, even if I have to do it afraid!

 
white_wanderlust_1

No comments:

Post a Comment