Saturday, September 12, 2015

Days 204 - 207 Holding On


motivational love life quotes sayings poems poetry pic picture photo ...

"This is the message from the one who is holy and true,
the one who has the key of David. What he opens, no one
can close; and what he closes, no one can open."

"I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door 
for you that no one can close. You have little strength, yet 
you obeyed my word and did not deny me.... Because you
have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from
the great time of testing that will come upon the whole
world to test those who belong to this world."

Revelation 3:7-8,10


In the scripture above Jesus is speaking to the Church at Philadelphia, one of seven churches to whom Jesus refers in Chapter 3. In each message he says, "Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches." The church of Philadelphia is the only one of the seven not receiving the call to return to him. In fact in verse 11 he adds, "Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take away your crown."

Thursday and Friday were excessively busy days, but I managed to persevere, even though I had to work very long hours. One day I will stick to my "enough is enough" philosophy. Encouraged by my time in the field I returned home late on Friday, only to work even longer hours. When Saturday rolled around I purposed to have a good day in Santa Fe hunting for treasure and purchasing a few necessities at Wally World in preparation of my upcoming vacation. Sadly, I had to work a bit more than I had intended on Saturday night, and because of an unexpected phone call, I did not get to bed until 3 am, wondering how to respond.

Sunday has rolled around, and although I am troubled, I am not in despair. The words, "What do I do, Father," continue to fill my every waking moment. Answers are often right before our eyes, yet at the moment of the deepest troubling thoughts we are not capable of seeing and understanding, of hearing, listening, and obeying. Eventually, we rest on His promises, spoken over and over to our listening hearts, and we know, we see, and we obey.

"Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take away your crown."

Written Sunday, 7/26/15

No comments:

Post a Comment