Friday, December 25, 2015

Day 354 - Day 359 The Day of Days

... Christmas Pictures, Christmas Gift Wallpaper, Merry Christmas

Christmas Morning and all is bright! Many gather together on this most special of days to celebrate Christmas. Families and friends gather to make merry, open gifts, and share in festive dining of all the delicacies life provides. Many...but not all.

Countless people find themselves alone today due to circumstances about which we can never begin to understand. Some choose to celebrate alone, although they are welcomed by friends, perhaps their families, to share a meal. Others hide themselves away, because the pain is too unrelenting, and they fear chastisement from others if they leave the safety of their homes or hiding places.

christmas, happiness, quotes, santa, this - image #342389 on Favim.com

How well I understand. A person can be in a gala setting where merriment and laughter fill the room, and he or she may appear to fit into the moment quite gloriously, only to return to the emptiness of their own existence and take their own life. Others have experienced unexpected disasters, deaths both present and past, or recently received the tragic news of a friend with whom they have just visited the day before who went home to commit suicide, because the pain was so deep.

Please don't think I am trying to spoil the joyous celebrations of December the 25th, not in the least. I just want to take a pause and remember. The next time you see a "bum" on the street or someone who may not be dressed as appropriately as yourself, pause to think. Perhaps when you are sharing with another, and you glimpse in their eyes or sense something may not be quite right, rather than turn away and wish them well, take a little more of your time to question with sensitivity how they "really" are doing. How quickly when asked how we are doing we respond with, "Fine, and you?" I do it myself in order to change the subject. It is a survival instinct the solitary ones use.

God says that He sets the solitary in families, and I know this to be true. He surrounds us with people who bring joy and happiness into our lives. I believe wholeheartedly in friendship and befriending the friendless, the lonely, and especially the destitute. Today I may be alone, no family or friends surround me, but I am never truly alone. The company I keep though invisible to the human eye can be felt most resplendently with joy unspeakable and full of glory! I sense the lights of heaven and the presence of my Lord. How can I ever be alone amidst such wondrous companions?! All of heaven sings today! I can only imagine the festivities enjoyed in heaven today. My parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts are all in attendance, making merry in honor and glory to the King of Kings! I ache for the day to join them!

But, for today, as I wait until that day arrives for me, I have things to do!  As I reminisce of days before and those yet to be I am making plans for the days ahead. I have a project for the New Year, regardless of the political climate or decisions which may alter my life in ways unexpectedly. I am going to dream of better days for those I love who may not be as joyous as I. I want to celebrate life and be a light to those whose eyes may lack sparkle, whose lives are less aglow. I want to see hearts renewed and fires lit. I have a huge dream, and I don't want another moment to go by without taking a step forward each day. I have to give it my best, and although I know I will be challenged, I purpose to push forward, even if I walk alone. I cannot bear to think of another lonely Christmas for anyone. I want Christmas every day! It's why my Christmas tree, my memory tree, remains up all year round! This year I hope to add a second tree!

Please pray for me as I plan my Christmas Year Round adventure, and as I take the next steps in my own personal pilgrimage, my journey on the path God has for my life. May He illuminate the paths of your lives as well. Until His return we are to occupy and fulfill the Great Commission, and I intend to do so.

May the lights of Christmas and the joys of Heaven find you blessed this season! And in the words of Tiny Tim..."God bless us, everyone!"

Christmas Carol | Greenroom OK

No comments:

Post a Comment