Saturday, December 26, 2015

Day 360 - Dauntless

 dauntless erudite factions tags abnegation amity candor dauntless ...

Remembering....

As I sit in the safety of my home I can see familiar faces come to mind so clearly etched in my memory, never erased by years or malady. My agile mind holds fast the days as if they were only yesterday, and I am alive again spending precious moments with my beloved papa and grammy.
I am a sprout once more in the castle of the king and queen, a place of dreams and imagination where my cousins and I weaved stories of justice, truth and light astride our stick horses marching on strongholds made of leaves and twigs. I was always the one with my head in the clouds, my nose in a book, eyes glistening with wanderlust as I listened to the stories lovingly spun by my grandparents. Their home was my heaven, my hiding place, my place of safety and refuge. Even then, when I was growing up, the world was a changing place with checkered pasts and greed and personal gain. But even so a world where memories could not die or passions were never put to rest, I lived, embraced in love and laughter, pain erased if only for the day.

In search of adventure I took off into woods armed only with my wit and daring, undaunted was I, never straying from my confidence and trust in my invisible Companion. Never mind the danger that lurked beyond the hallowed walls of the manor. I knew I was loved beyond imagination. How many children have that joy in these modern times where childhood tragically ends at such an early age. And yet, there are those on whom God has placed a special touch of grace to withstand the atrocities they are sure to endure. Seems unfair at times, because we cannot understand the height and depth of His Omniscience and wisdom, the depth of His love. We trust, in all our fears and horrors, resting in peace, knowing He has not turned His heart away. He is here...always near. He weathers each storm, stays each final judgment, and lovingly comforts.

Today some feel abandoned, pills and alcohol replace the truth, fill the void. Listening to the voices, unrelenting, forever haunting of past mistakes, regrets, and failures. Will the horror be put to rest, or will they go on to face another day and another of uncertainty of what the future holds. There are many questions that perplex the minds of those who are lost in the lies, who do not know the one true Voice saying, "Come unto Me...and find rest and peace for your souls...."

I often wonder if my grandparents would be proud of the person I have become. I pray so, as I would truly never want to disappoint the ones who loved and believed in me. The ones who encouraged me to live a full and free life. Yet in spite of losses in my life I know a greater Love, and I am content to wait until the day comes...! Dauntless in my path towards the Light, beyond the fears, the tears, the death, forever in His presence and His grace...I press on!
 
                                         There's nothing more exciting than find new and good quality pictures ...                                       
                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment