Saturday, January 23, 2016

Pickles and World of Hurt

 like pickles too

Wednesday my four-legged neighbor, Kenya, sorely reminded me of my physical limitations. Persistent, as she often is, she has a bad habit of picking up her huge paw and smacking me in the abdomen so I will pay her heed. Of course, I told her I did not like anyone or anything demanding their or its own way, so I hurried off, leaving her discouraged and perplexed. Since that night I have become acutely aware that something must be amiss health wise, as I have had an increased amount of abdominal pain. At first it wasn't as much of a concern, because I've had so many surgeries that the adhesions must be a wicked mess by now. Still, I am beginning to wonder what else may have become misaligned since the last time I was re-arranged. Now that is laughable!

I had been anxiously awaiting this Saturday as I had plans to have brunch with a group of old friends in Albuquerque, but sadly, I had to cancel. Honestly, I am getting so tired of having to re-schedule my life. I realize many things are beyond my ability to change, but I don't like the feeling of helplessness. In fact, as you may have gleaned from my blog, I am a huge advocate for turning impossibilities into possibilities. Anything is possible...I truly believe that! So now that I find myself in another "pickle" or my own "world of hurt!" There has to be a lesson in this somehow that will mold and change my character...for the better!

 funny pickle, dill pickles

Interestingly, most of my life has been one of pain of one sort or another, but physical pain and endurance has been my longest, most arduous adventure. I seldom allow pain to stop me dead in my tracks, but this is different. Still, I intend to turn it into all joy with the strength and support of my Strong High Tower and my Strength and Shield. My All In All!

So I share this in the hope that if you are struggling in any arena of life, as we all do, IF you truly are honest, then rest in the assurance that Someone cares, and He can carry you through to the promises! Again, the only thing you need is "Trust."

My promise for today is comes straight from KLOVE: "My father taught me, 'Take my words to heart. Follow my commands, and you will live.''' Proverbs 4:4. Great words!

... of pain in this world, pain that hurts you, and pain that changes you

No comments:

Post a Comment