Saturday, January 2, 2016

Days 361 - 365 Endings/Beginnings

 Happy New Year Message Image, Quotes, Indian New Year

The end of another year! Where did the time go? Where does it begin?

I'm not one for end of year reflections or beginning a new year of resolutions. I am, however, a goal setter, and a dreamer. One practice I have successfully put into action in 2015 is letting go of things I cannot control and things I cannot change. It has taken me a lifetime to arrive at this rather obvious "logic," but better late than never!

Time is too short and precious to become ensnared by problems that are irrational, illogical, and otherwise infuriating. It is an inconceivable concept to waste time accomplishing nothing other than tempers flaring resulting in the inevitable headache! Suffice it to say this sort of nonsense was what I was unwittingly subjected to my last few days of 2015.  Thankfully, it was not "my" melt down!

Nonetheless, as the year closes I can honestly say it has been an adventure.  I can also say that I have grown more aware of the life I do not want to live over again. I am happy being who I am, where I am at this time in my life, but I am also keenly aware of the need to make some changes in the upcoming New Year.

I close this year in praise to God for all He has given me, and for the challenges allowed to help me grow closer in my walk with Jesus. I feel so privileged to have the wonderful friends I have here in New Mexico, and scattered literally in places across the world. I am anxious to greet the New Year expectantly, because I know God has some great plans in store for my life. All I can say is, "Let it begin...!"

No comments:

Post a Comment