Sunday, February 7, 2016

Sunday

 Happy Times Ahead greetings card by Sandie Blue Dorset & The New ...

Today has been a good day. Quiet time with Jesus in the morning, crawling up into God's lap. As I read through my Daily Walk I was reminded of worship songs from YWAM days in Virginia, and my heart soared! Memories can be pleasant, and those days were happy ones.

I also spent some time visiting with a new friend I made while traveling to Minnesota to attend my granddaughter, Amanda's wedding. I had planned to make a road trip, and even though sudden changes in  weather have a way of ruining one's plans, God had His own plan. That's the way He is, ya know! Always looking out for us, even when we least expect it.

It's so refreshing to meet a person who can so clearly see into the heart of a another by taking the time to gaze into the eyes while conversing. No pretense. Just truth in the sharing. The eyes truly are the windows of the soul, and they speak volumes if you take the time to "see." By seeing we see, and by hearing we hear. That's simple enough. We shared a delicious, home-cooked meal and enjoyed a great time of fellowship. Suffice it to say I have discovered a true kindred spirit in my new found friend, and I am forever grateful to my loving Abba.

Now I am home enjoying the afternoon with my inanimate family, watching an action packed movie! Life is good!

Gratitude and The Simple Moments That Matter So Much | Positive ...

No comments:

Post a Comment