Monday, July 4, 2016

Love Note from Heaven


 Psalm 68: 6 | FAITH | Pinterest

My quiet evening has suddenly turned into bombs bursting in air! As I sit in my humble dwelling writing in my journal reflecting on my weekend I hear sounds of sizzling fireworks being launched into the air with booms and resounding fallout amid distinct squeals of delight from children and other onlookers. It is rather late for some in this sleepy village of Velarde, and I imagine it could even be frightening for those who may be suffering Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from the effects of war. My concern is for the drought, although we have had quite a bit of rain as the monsoon season begins in Northern New Mexico. People forget so easily how susceptible we are to wildfires even as one continues to blaze a little over 200 miles south of our location. The ravages of war and wildfire are equally devastating, in different ways.

Earlier this afternoon I received a message from a friend asking for help. Holidays should be enjoyed and celebrated with family, but it seems for this gentle soul it is a time of upset and desperation. Somehow at times like these I find strength to help. I find my purpose for being here, even though I may be alone, and this holiday has been kind of a bust for me as well. I can lay my disappointment aside and focus on someone else. I can make a friend smile or laugh about silly things, because it's what I do. The love of God compels me to go on, to continue to put one foot in front of the other and live.  To forget about my rejection, my hurts, and think about what I can do to turn another person's darkness to light. Reminding her of God's love in the midst of her loneliness and fear, that she is valued and never alone.

Suddenly my dream for the home for misfit toys comes alive again. Hope for others to feel His love and acceptance and to have a shelter in the storm, a place to call home. I don't know how it will happen yet, but it's as if God is sending me a love note, asking me to hold on and wait for the vision to become reality. Not just for me, but for anyone who needs a place to belong. A place for my friend to at last have a place to call home.

... out the prisoners with singing. (Psalm 68:6). Jesus, you PROMISED


No comments:

Post a Comment