Sunday, July 2, 2017

Dear Jesus - Day 1




The day is quietly slipping away as I sit in Your Presence. Early mornings are our best times together as I seek direction for the day. I'm learning not to hurry our times together. I need your guidance more with each passing day as the enemy tries to turn my peace into fear. I rely on Your strength to remain in control as each day presents new and impossible demands. I need to discipline my life and set boundaries, so I can get get the rest and refreshment you have for me. I need to truly trust you and not simply mouth the words. Praise needs to continually be on my lips.

Forgive me when I think Your arm's too short, and when I become ensnared by the lies and deceptions, listening to people rather than keep my focus trained on You. I know better. You have shown me Your faithfulness throughout the difficult journey of my life. Thank You for loving me, for holding my hand when I was alone and afraid, for allowing me to sit in Your lap and rest in Your grace.

As the day begins to close, and our time together slips into rest and sleep, speak to me in my dreams and prepare me for the upcoming day's challenges. Keep my mind transfixed on Your Divine Presence and Your purpose for my life. Thank You for our day together, Father. For the quiet confidence and strength to endure. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment