Saturday, April 4, 2020

Lessons I'm Learning - 3

290 Hope Quotes That Will Empower You

Although I've been blogging and writing in my journal, as I always do, I haven't been posting until today. Yesterday I posted a message on Facebook outside of my blog, referencing a devotional. I may do that from time to time, as writing is both a discipline and my calling. It also keeps me grounded and focused. I love the quiet times alone with God. It's hard to distinguish where one call begins and the other follows. I know I am supposed to get the word out whether it be written, verbal, or silently between my Abba Father and myself. Isolation is not difficult for me, and it is not a punishment, as much of my life has been spent alone. Sometimes I wonder if I've ever let anyone totally into my life, but then, writing transparently has provided snatches, glimpses of my soul. I am passionate about my walk with God, living for Him Whom I have failed miserably. And yet, He wouldn't let me wander away. His Shepherd's staff jerked me back by my long neck, where He could safely watch over and lead me. I can relate to the dumb sheep part. Since my earliest recollection, God has been with me...relentlessly pursuing me. As I'm writing now I hear the song I Know by Big Daddy Weave playing in the background:
  
I know that you are good
I know that you are kind
I know that you are so much more
Than what I leave behind
I know that I am loved
I know that I am safe
Cause even in the fire to live is Christ, to die is gain
I know that you are good


Early this morning my dear friend, Karen, dropped off some face masks she made and has been saving for me. When she was asked to work from home, she selflessly used her spare time, in the shadows of her home, to make face masks for all the people she knew who were on the front lines of this crisis. Most of Karen's life has been on one front line or another. She and I worked together when I was previously employed as a case manager. Some of her clients at the home health care agency where she worked were my case management clients. So we spent a lot of time working together on behalf of these precious people. She's a wonderful person whom I have learned to know and treasure as a close, close friend and sister in Christ. I'd trust her with my life. So thank you, Karen, for thinking about me and others. You're a jewel!

Each day I go out into the world outside as it now is. As a fan of science fiction which include apocalyptic movies, I am not unaware of how bad things could come, but thankfully, we are not there yet! Jesus warned His disciples and those to come, including us, what to expect prior to the end. Over the past few years and even more recently, we have witnessed the birth pangs Jesus spoke about in Matthew 24. History has a way of repeating itself, as these things happened back at the beginning of time. I know that what is happening now is another wake up call that we need to heed. Before the virus God had been preparing my heart. Others have also heard it.

As I must go out several times a week to care for the ones entrusted to me, I see what it's like, even in smaller towns. Blatant disregard for our leaders' mandates, not just for the safely of ourselves, but for the countless many who could be affected by one foolish act. I former worked in a lab as a research biologist, and I know the spread of disease. Much more, people are out daily still hoarding, breaking into homes, stealing and even murdering others. Life goes on. Some cities are hotbeds of crime. Plus, scammers are lighting up the networks trying to take advantage of the vulnerable seniors. I've warned many of these scams over the years as part of my case management, but it seems to get worse when people are alarmed and anxious already. No wonder we need a wake up call, but sadly, too many fail to heed the call.

Knowing this, I still stand in the gap inn prayer for our nation and world, because there is still good in the world, so there is hope! People come together at times like this, but it needs to be a daily walk. Mostly we need to realize that Jesus came to be our Savior, Redeemer, our Hope for eternity, a place where there will be no sin, pain, fear, sickness, crime.... A place where God's light and Jesus' love light up the world where darkness and evil have no place. The Bible says we can have peace on earth now.  Many repeat the Lord's Prayer without listening to the words. These words do have meaning for today. "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven." Right here, right now. As His children will we suffer still while here? Yes, but we have an Advocate, a Helper, always present until our time on earth is finished. We can have His peace now. My life has been hard, but I can testify to His unfailing love. God has kept me through it all. So I trust Him. You can trust Him! He's not a man, He does not lie!

I hope you will consider. We need Jesus, now and always!


No comments:

Post a Comment