Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Lessons I'm Learning - 5

The Battle Belongs to the Lord | Thin Within

Yesterday, as I awakened, I quoted the scripture from Psalm 118:24, "This is the day the Lord has made, I WILL REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT!!! (capital letters and exclamations are mine)." I was determined to keep my focus on the Lord. This has been my habit for quite some time, but I am more mindful of it now. Later in the morning and into the afternoon and evening, the enemy tried not once, but three times to bring me down, but he did not succeed. I recognized his tactics, the ones he has used so many times, but I stood my ground and conquered him with the word of God.

This morning as I began my day, the enemy once more attempted to stick his toenail into my path in an attempt to steal my joy. Once more I focused on what the Lord has to say. One of the verses that keeps me grounded is found in Philippians 4:8. Although I memorized it as a child from the Kings James Version of the Bible, here is how The Message Bible puts it in today's vernacular:
 
Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and 
meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—
the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse.

When the battle becomes intense, I also speak these words:

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war
after the flesh; for the weapons of our warfare are
not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down 
of strongholds. Casting down imaginations and every
 high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, 
and bringing all thoughts captive to obedience in Christ.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5
 
Hard times will come, and our enemy does not want us to be victorious, especially in this season of life, but we must be vigilant and press on. I encourage everyone to memorize scripture and be armed when any attack comes. And praise the Lord. The enemy of lies and deception cannot stand in the presence of the Lord. Fill your days with inspiration from scripture, devotionals, music, inspirational videos from YouTube, anything that exalts Jesus Christ as Lord. Your day will be so much better, and you will become stronger as you wait to see the glory of the Lord. Remember the battle belongs to the Lord! We do our part by trusting Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment