Sunday, November 29, 2015

Day 314 - Day 332 A Magic Time


 Little Pre-Thanksgiving Snow | Bloomin' Workshop

Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of year to give thanks for all our blessings. But, it shouldn't be limited to just one day, rather gratitude should be the expressed in each wakening day, with praise on our lips when our eyes first open. Each new day is a new adventure and an opportunity to see the wonder with which we are blessed in spite of the evil plaguing our world.

Holidays are bittersweet memories for me, but regardless of my melancholy, as I reminiscence of days gone by, I can still see the glory in the sunshine and feel the crisp chill of winter days. It's truly a wonderful time of year, but if we don't pay close attention, it is over in the blink of an eye. One season fades into another.

Over my four day Thanksgiving holiday I have enjoyed watching Christmas movies, plus my yearly Star Wars festival. It's a holiday tradition for me, although my children don't seem to remember the tradition as well as I do. Funny how my children grew up, but their mother is still lost in the wonder of it all. I hope I, like Peter Pan, never grow up. What a loss for the world if everyone grew up, and there was no one to marvel at every day wonders!

In the movie Prancer a little girl, who has lost her mother, finds a wounded reindeer in the forest. She nurses the animal back to health, and in the process of sadness and mayhem, an entire town comes alive again with the true spirit of Christmas. Her family reunites, and everyone, including Prancer, lives a little more happily ever after. The little girl listens to Christmas music all year round her daddy says to a friend. This ole lady is kindred spirit to that little girl, as I not only listen to Christmas music, I watch Christmas movies all year round. After all, shouldn't Christmas be celebrated every day of the year? If Jesus is alive and well, then it must be Christmas!

Maybe this will be the year for new traditions with more whimsy and nostalgia not packed away for a one time season of the year, but traditions carried on the wings of change over the expanse of a lifetime adrift in the distant sky.

Walking in a Winter Wonderland Facebook Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment