Monday, May 30, 2016

Ahhhh, Yes!


Mosquitoes cartoons, Mosquitoes cartoon, funny, Mosquitoes picture ...

For the past two hours I have been piling through endless pages of blogs and ravings trying NOT to reinvent the wheel. The task is dauntless, but I am overwhelmed to realize that some of the "stuff" I have written is actually quite interesting and inspirational. But the overwhelming question is, "How do I gather all of this information together to pool it into my book?!" Perhaps reinventing the wheel IS the way to go. I have certainly tried that approach, but I often become sidetracked, as I am only capable of thinking in the moment. I guess this is why it takes authors so long to write a book, then have it published by relentless editors who scrutinize every syllable.

What makes the task that much more difficult is that I have been given the wonderful "gift" of a four day holiday weekend, and I feel like I am wasting time, spinning my wheels when I want to get outside and play in the dirt or ride my bike! But the problem is that I have no one with whom to "play," and I am lonely for my friend who moved away. Knowing she's going through her own woes doesn't make it easy either, but we will each make it through. Of this, I am certain.

Saturday I spent some time outside sweeping the patio, gathering trash, and riding my bike. I played well into the evening, and I felt better until I realized I had succumbed to the gnawing effects of voracious mosquitoes sucking the blood from my neck, head, and arms. Being allergic to just about everything makes it worse. So yesterday and this morning I have been making every effort not to scratch the whelps in my head, on my neck and arms. These are not just "bites," they are enormous miscarriages of justice! And I am suffering the poisonous pangs of distress, so pray for me. I realize that things could be worse, but for now this is my misery.

This is a somewhat laughable situation I must admit. Being chemically sensitive as I am blessed to be, I tend to seek the "natural" ways of healing, so I decided to "draw out" the poison by using natural "clay" on the whelps. It seemed like a great idea for relief at the moment, but I must say that removing the clumps of dried clay from my scalp and hair was not as easy as applying the stuff! So now I am looking for another alternative. If all else fails I may have to forget the sensitivities and just look for a "chemical" to relieve this vicious itching and clawing.

As I lay my head back on my pillow and gaze up at the ceiling I see that my bedroom light has amassed a few visitors. Perhaps if I "do" something other than scratch, I can get my mind off of the discomfort. Seems like a viable solution. There are certainly many choices of things to be done in this house beginning with getting off my backsides and making this bed. But, first things first...the list!
I have to finish my "to do" list perchance my efforts to be useful prove fruitless. Nonetheless, I am ready now to throw caution to the wind and begin my day! May yours be dauntless!

Mosquitos cartoons, Mosquitos cartoon, funny, Mosquitos picture ...

No comments:

Post a Comment