Saturday, May 7, 2016

Answers Do Come

"Death comes unexpectedly!"
- Pollyanna 

Isaiah 43:2 - Bible verse of the day - DailyVerses.net

How easy it is to become sidetracked in the midst of trying to find out useful information. This happens to me quite often, and it needs to stop. This is the time for focusing on the important matters at hand. Well...perhaps, I should back track!

So often we pray well-meaning prayers, and then we "put the matter into God's hands." Yet, when prayers are not answered in the way we feel they should be, the way we are trusting, standing, believing will happen, well then, has God failed to answer our prayers? Not really. I have been asking only one thing of God for my life, and that is "Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven only in my life." He has asked me only to trust Him. Then when my perception of things becomes a bit skewed, I panic, and I do not consult Him first. When I do finally get around to asking Him to "explain Himself," which is rather bold, wouldn't you say, He responds. And His responses often come in the form of words from a song/hymn, a verse from scripture, or loudly in my heart. The veil is removed, and I "see."

This time...I heard these words..."In quietness and confidence (trust) shall be your strength." I quickly recognized this portion of scripture taken from Isaiah 35:15, spoken very loudly to my disappointed, rather frightened heart. After all, He had answered the first part of my prayer for His will to be done...! But, there was a second part of my prayer... that the thing to be accomplished would be a display of His presence in my life as Abba Father and His Sovereign power so that no man could dispute that what happened was not the act of a loving Father who can do the impossible when we put our trust in Him! Basically, He once more reminded me that He doesn't need mine or anyone's help. So, what happened in this situation was that I received a marvelous reprieve from what would have  become my self-imposed "sentence."

I know I am being somewhat vague in relating this situation to you, but if you follow my blogs, I believe it will become quite obvious to the inquiring minds who may be reading. I am ecstatic about the HUMONGOUS answer to my prayer, and I have received further instruction, as has the one other person praying, as to what is required of each of us. I was given three reminders of what is required of me, and I was once more reminded that following will cost me everything. As for the other one, he is on his own adventure to discovering the wonderful mysteries of a loving Father, and believe me, if he follows, he will be blown away.

As for me, few understand this call, although they feel they understand, but that's okay, because I've been in this place before. The arrows will fly, and the darkness is sure to come, but my stand remains, as my focus, always the same.

Isaiah 35:4-7 « Welcome to TheGatherings!

No comments:

Post a Comment