Sunday, September 18, 2016

Just Me Just Be






Last night my dear friend Irma posted a good night message on my Facebook page remembering those who are alone. As I find myself in that situation living so far away from my family of birth and my children I appreciate it when someone thinks about me in such a special way. I remarked to another friend this week that I get tired of having to figure out things all by myself. The irony is that even when I lived closer to my family, and even when I was married and the children were home, I was the one who was expected to figure things out. I was the "glue" who held everything together. So really nothing has changed except physically I am alone. But, spiritually I am never alone.

As one of God's "misfits" I do have a love for those the world forgets, those who do not quite measure up to the world's eye view. I can say that we misfits are usually the happiest or more contented people, and we certain see more clearly, past the surface of a person's exterior. This morning at church our speaker talked about judging others, because they do not meet our expectations or our opinions of whom they should be. My friend and I worked together Friday night finishing up an object lesson for the talk for today. She knows I have a creative mind, so we rallied together to paint rocks with the scripture from John 8:7 "Ye without sin cast the first stone" painted on the rocks.  I always find it helpful to give someone an object or reminder of some sort of the important point of a message. That way it is more memorable, and we all needs reminders. Let's just hope no one uses it wrongfully by casting it at someone!


"Over and over again God wants us to get the message:
He has a peculiar passion for the forgotten. What 
society puts out, God puts in. What the
world writes off, God picks up.

And the Angels were Silent
Max Lucado 


I often wonder how many people are happy with the person they are or have become. I know that I may not be the most charming of folks, but I do have a compassionate heart, a servant heart, and I want more than anything for people to really know our Abba Father and find peace and hope in His love, mercy and grace. I may be a crazy misfit who colors outside the lines, but I love the person I am becoming, because until we breathe our last breath we are "becoming" the person we are destined to become. I would not want to be anyone else. And although my future is uncertain, I do know that I can trust Abba with my life and with the lives of my loved ones. For me that makes being alone worth the price. So I'll continue to "trust my crazy ideas" and "always color outside of the lines." That's who I am! Misfit, ragamuffin, or fellow wanderer...that's "just me!" A pilgrim in this life until the I reach the other side.


No comments:

Post a Comment