Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Call to Prayer

I just received an urgent prayer request asking for prayer for Christians being brutally murdered by ISIS forces.  Children are being beheaded as well as Western relief workers who have been taken as hostages as a message to Christians who do not convert to Islam.  My heart is broken for the families and for the people who are fleeing for their lives. Relief workers remain and stand in faith against these forces of evil.  My prayer is that the nations unite to turn back this enemy.  I also pray that we here in the United States will not forget to stand in prayer also, as God dispatches His warriors to battle in the heavenly realms.

How often we get caught up in our daily lives that we forget about the larger war outside of our scope of everyday existence.  As an intercessor I need to focus more of my time on these desperate needs, but I admit that I get my eyes on what is happening to me and mine.  But these people are mine as well, my brothers and sisters in Christ, and I am asking you to stand in prayer with me especially for Relief workers from Crisis Relief International and the people of Northern Iraq.  We think it can never happen here on American soil, but it has.  The battle is not ours, but God's, and He calls us as brothers and sisters to stand for each other.

As I prepare to board my plane and fly to Virginia in two short days the reality is that I will be vulnerable to the enemy's threats. We are all at risk, each day, so it is important to always live our lives as if they were our last.  Our reaction towards such evil in the world is to hate, but hate is the very enemy we are fighting against. I cannot fathom such cruelty, and I pray I never have to face it.

And so together we stand and together we pray!


Image: Veiled Iraqi women walk along a street in the city of Mosul

No comments:

Post a Comment