Monday, September 15, 2014

Three more days!



Wow! Could you imagine a tree house vacation!  Talk about hiding away in the trees!

Three more days, and I will boarding the freedom express, aka Delta Airlines...! Although I won't be settling high in the trees, or I don't think I will...I can hardly wait to snuggle under the quilt in my mama's room and curl up with a good book!  As a kid I loved to read.  I could read for hours on end, and Sunday afternoons after lunch were my favorite times to mentally travel to every location under the sun.  How my imagination grew wings, and I soared from one exciting location to another.  Always helping the underdog, devoting my time in serving others.  Some things never change, but for me that's no so bad!

My friend is planning a lunch or dinner with "the girls", as I am sure we have a lot of catching up to do.  Hopefully, I can take in a movie, and perhaps head off to a museum.  Not certain where my path may take me, but I know I have much to look forward to.  Just wish I had a little bit more time, but then maybe I have all I need.

I'm watching an old movie, The Time Machine, which is about....you guessed it!...time travel! Interesting concept, don't you think?  Just imagine traveling back in time.  I've always thought I was meant for the Victorian Age, friends with Jane Austin and other literary giants of that age. Imagine meeting Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice.  I think I might enjoy that encounter. But then I don't know perhaps Medieval era with the knights of Camelot and King Arthur.  The fashions of the day were more along the lines of what is now called "steampunk," and I must admit I like it!  I devoted a Pinterest board to the subject of Steampunk, so check it out, as it is very imaginative and may spark a creative edge in you! 

Life is fun, or it should be!  I think we all need time away to gain a fresh perspective on life.  A time of dreaming, awakenings, and fresh beginnings.  For me there's much to be considered, so I am marking my calendar as we speak!  Three more days!




Inhabited Tree House, Seattle Washington



No comments:

Post a Comment