Friday, September 19, 2014

Home on the Range


My first full day has been a busy day of shopping with my sister. Something we enjoy doing together when I come for a visit. Usually I can't find anything that suits my fancy, but this time I did!  Very unlike me to spend money on myself, unless of course it's a DVD!  We even looked at shoes, and I almost bought a pair of cowboy boots.  Kinda funny when you think of where I live.  Plus the fact that although my friends in New Mexico say cowboy boots are very comfortable, I never cared to see for myself...until now.  Who knows, maybe I'll be a cowgirl yet!

Tomorrow is another day with greater challenges than a fun day shopping.  I guess it's a day of facing fears and speaking truth, sometimes not an easy thing to do.  I miss my parents, and being back stirs up memories. Nothing remains the same.

My daddy and I loved to watch John Wayne movies, so I decided to watch Hondo tonight.  I can still see him sitting in his chair, me on the floor.  Sometimes we'd watch three movies in a row.  For a long time he couldn't hear very well, but once he bought a pair of tv ears he was able to hear again.  That made for happy times.  I really miss him, and being here makes me miss him more.

Enough reminiscing tonight, or I'll be in crying again.  At least they're happy tears!



No comments:

Post a Comment