Monday, November 3, 2014

Homeward Bound


Traveling home yesterday I was captivated by the beauty of the trees even as the autumn colors are slowly being overpowered by the grays of encroaching winter days.  So close to home yet always overcome by the majesty of the trees against ever-changing skies hovering over high mountain ranges that surround my home.  The serenity is something one cannot describe...it must be felt.  Oh for a day to do nothing except gaze at the sky and trees, bathed in the beauty!



The closer I travel to my home I stop again just to listen to the water as it meanders downstream, laughing over rocks, cascading into a shower refreshing the onlooker in a mist of purest water, reviving the soul and freeing the spirit.  One can almost see each ebb and flow of the current from the photos which are only a mere glimpse of its beauty.




Embudo is a small village a stone's throw from Velarde where I call home.  I travel many roads throughout my day, between many small villages.  I love it all!  There is beauty everywhere if we only choose to see!  How could I ever think of leaving this wonderful place?  A place that calls me home from a tiring day, that beckons to me when I travel far from home. The scene is almost bewitching, as one can be entranced by the simplicity of a pristine mountain stream amidst lofty mountain grandeur, drinking in the beauty, carried away on wings of peace.  It is what we seek most in our lives, and yet it lies so close to our hearts in the austerity of nature.





Can you feel the mist on your face?  Breathe in the freshness of the morning air?  Take a road trip with me and enjoy the scenery!




No comments:

Post a Comment