Monday, January 2, 2017

Great is Thy Faithfulness





As 2017 comes rolling in to the sounds of fireworks and shouts of glee as the ball descends, our journeys turn another page. I am reminded at the first light of our new year that "My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever." (Psalm 73:26).

I remember the beginning of 2016 as I anticipated the preparatory days leading up to my 66th birthday, full retirement age, and my hope of returning to Virginia to purchase my home. We never know what will happen moment by moment much less day by day. Sometimes I wonder why we try to make plans at all. And yet we cannot live life spontaneously, by the "seat of our pants," so to speak, as plans are needed for business, anticipating events, and many other ventures. It has become our way of life aided by the fall of man at the beginning of time.

I do not make resolutions, but I do dream. I know God spoke to my heart so many years ago of the plans He has for me and my family, so sight unseen I remain hopeful of His promise. Although my year closed with a very loud, obnoxious bang, I still know in Whom I have believed...." (2 Timothy 1:12). With childlike wonder I remain in awe of His glory as His light shines in the darkness and consumes it. Quietly, without fireworks, save those bursting within my soul, I anticipate wonderful, victories for my life and the lives of my children. Thus far, He has blessed me immeasurably, and this is just the second day of the New Year!

Only God knows our future, but He holds our hands. Happy New Year! Live each day of this year like you're loved, because you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment