Saturday, April 22, 2017

Peace








It's been awhile since I shared my thoughts. I am just now becoming "Linda" again, as I am encouraged daily by the presence of Jesus. My trial by fire has been raging since March 2016, and with each increasing challenge I was falling prey to the enemy's plan to steal my peace. I found myself living with a superficial smile and calm during the day, while succumbing to the depth of depression and despair after the close of the business day. I have cried buckets of tears, but they were never unnoticed, rather Holy Spirit collected each tear to redeem. Slowly by shutting out the "voices" and cacophony of noise and negativity coming from within and without, and by receiving the daily feeding of God's word and encouragement from those who have steadfastly stood and prayed for my recovery, I am now once more focused on who I am in Christ, and nothing else really matters. Storms may come, and the arrows may fall, but they do not touch me. All I can say is that for the past few weeks I have been truly living in the peace that surpasses ALL understanding promised to us by a loving Abba Father.

For now I continue to wait, work, and pray for daily guidance. I know God has a plan for my life, and I am content knowing that the battle is His, and He will bring me through.

I hope this gives you comfort, encouragement, and hope in the midst of your struggles. Whatever you go through, remember God loves YOU!  I can say with assurance that His promises are true. So hang on to faith, hope, and trust in the One who never leaves you or forsakes you! That's a promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment