9/30/2026
"Life's horizontal can only be fine-tuned when
Jesus Christ is in control of the vertical hold."
Daily Walk
"My life's horizontal was fine-tuned when Jesus got control
of my vertical hold!"
When I opened my eyes this morning I was greeted by a mischievous kitten trying to get my attention by pouncing on my stomach, then once I turned over, she got in my hair. I believe that's her way of telling me she is not to be ignored when she is hungry. She has irritating habits that bother Mia, my son's older cat, and when Mia has had enough of Fae she can become quite verbal and often physical. Such is life inside the home, while outside Alex quietly bids me "good morning" and "where's my grub!" Next I'll have to introduce a lively puppy into the mix!
Grabbing a cup of coffee and heading back to my window seat to spend quiet time with the Lord is becoming increasingly difficult with another animal underfoot. I've been trying to hurry back to my room and shut the door in order to avoid relay races - first, on the bed and onto the window sill, back to the floor, shoot under the bed and out the door in lickety split time. That's Fae's morning marathon race first thing each day. Yes, life has changed for me.
Turning on the computer has become a great test of my will power as evil seems to breed in every corner of the world, but this morning the news brought a wave of feelings beginning with tears of thanksgiving, followed by deep sorrow, and ending in utter distaste all in a short period of time. I have had to ask Abba to forgive me so many times this week for doing something I advise everyone not to do - scroll! I try to make it a habit not to turn on my computer until just before the global prayer meeting unless I sense there has been problems in Israel or within our country that I need to know. This morning, waiting for me in my inbox was the story of the attempted hijacking of Flight 1073 from Dubai to Tel Aviv and the heroic efforts of the pilot and others onboard to stop the terrorist from crashing the plane into Israeli civilian territory. As the story continues to unfold 174 Israeli passengers and 6 crew members were on board including two off-duty Israeli pilots who were able to land the plane. The pilot was stabbed, but as the plane was descending he managed to force himself past the assailant and open the door to the cockpit and allow help to come in. It is my understanding that a plumber grabbed the controls and was miraculously able to right the rapidly descending airplane. God is always present in our times of need! Who can deny this?! All glory and honor to God!
As the particulars of the attack were prayed over we realized more and more the wonder-working power of our Almighty God who has His hand on His chosen people. During this season of the Feast of Tabernacles, a time of celebration and joy, the enemy was once more attempting to bring disaster on these precious people and God's land. Next Wednesday will mark the third year since 10/7/2023 when Hamas viciously murdered and mutilated 1200 innocent Israeli men, women and children on the morning of Simchat Torah. This observance marks the end of the public Torah readings for the year and the beginning of the reading of Torah. It is the culmination of the Feast of Tabernacles when there is dancing in the streets as the rolled Torah scrolls are carried into the street in praise to God. There is dancing and feasting with special traditions and the people rejoice in the life-giving Torah!
The next news I saw was a short notice of the death of a television actor's thirteen year old daughter to suicide according to the article. Although the exact cause of her death was not disclosed, a notice for suicide prevention was listed. It grieves my heart so deeply to watch what is happening to the young people with so much confusion and controversy literally being thrown on the shoulders of children not old enough to understand life much less the perversity the world feels they need to know. A child is no longer allowed to be a child or live out their childhood in a sane and reasonable manner with their innocence protected. The internet, cell phones, and now AI companions bring more disparity and emotion and mental cruelty into their lives. If I grieve, I know God does, and one day man will have to answer for the evil destroying the lives of these innocent ones. We must do better!
Lastly, or at least for me, the last evil I allowed my eyes to see was regarding the execution of a young woman who murdered her girlfriend in 1995 who has been on death row in Tennessee for this crime. She was due to be executed by lethal injection, but at first there was a short stay until the Supreme Court moved that the execution should continue as planned. It is my understanding that after two attempts to administer the lethal drugs, the execution failed, and the woman is now in critical condition. The story becomes more tragic as this story unfolds, and all I can do is shake my head and cry out to Abba Father for His mercy and grace for this woman and for the family of the one she murdered in 1995. Such a tragic waste of life of the woman who murdered a supposed friend in an act of jealousy, and the tragedy of the mother of the deceased who will not forgive the transgression. Because of her failure to release her hatred and choose to forgive, trusting God to bring life into this cruel act, she has never found peace that only God the Father can give. We desperately need the Lord. People need the Lord!
People Need the Lord by Steve Green
No comments:
Post a Comment