Monday, October 5, 2026

Day 277 Rising Sun, Setting Same

 This may contain: a painting of two people sitting on the beach with an inspirational quote above them that reads,'kespensence is my home '

10/4/2026

"From the rising of the sun to its going down

Adonai's name is to be praised."

Psalm 113:3 

  

Although the Feast of Tabernacles is over in Jerusalem, and most of those in attendance have returned to their own countries and homes, I continue to bask in the anointed teaching and worship from my window seat in my prayer room. People who have visited Israel to attend God's appointed feasts or for other events hosted by the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem or other venues say that once a person goes to Israel and steps on the land and experiences the life, their lives and hearts will be forever changed. I realize that this does not apply to all who go there, especially those who want a stamp on their passports or a notch in their world traveler belt, but if one goes with their heart for Israel desiring a deeper and clear revelation of God's land and walk the steps of Jesus and experience personally God's presence in the land, they will be forever changed. Although I would have loved to attend the feast in person this year, when I asked Abba, I felt as if "not yet" was the response. Things here continue to be unsettled with regard to health concerns, but that would not be a reason for me to remain home if I was the only one affected. Besides which, I still do not have my passport, but that will be taken care of by the beginning of the New Year, as it is important for me to do so. No, I would drop everything and answer God's call wherever He wanted me to be regardless of my issues. My only concern with going to Israel is that I will not want to return. I belong there. I know this in my heart, and my love for Israel and her people grows daily. I just wonder whether an old lady like me could find a place to serve, or if I'm too old to be useful. I guess we'll see what God does with me. For now I'm here, and I am content to follow His plan.

There were two evening events this year dedicated to The Next Generation with worship and special guests. UpperRoom Worship from Dallas, Texas led by Pastor Michael Miller provided the worship and ministry on the first evening. The worship music was amazing, and Pastor Michael spoke about what it means to tabernacle with God. He asked the question: "Have I fulfilled the desires of God on the earth in my life?" Explaining the Greek and the Hebrew meanings of the word "tabernacle" he examined what God meant in Revelation 21:3: "And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, 'Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.'" John is speaking of the time when the new Heaven and new Earth come down God dwells or makes His home with us in Jerusalem, Zion, where King David lived, called the city of God. The scriptures are so ripe with meaning, and Pastor Michael challenged the young people, and older ones as well, to dig into the Word of God and eat the word, devour it! There is life in each syllable. 

 Mike Huckabee, our Ambassador to Israel, former Governor of Arkansas, and a wonderful Christian man of God and pastor, spoke this evening, and offered a truly expiring message from the Lord. The message to the young people challenged the youth with three points: a. Be Bold, b. Be Biblical, and c. Be Balanced. He shared about not fearing what others had to say, because God gives us the strength to be bold, without fear. Life will offer many challenges, but we don't base decisions or actions on what we feel, how others perceive things, or even what we believe to be so. A Christian bases every decision on the response to the question: "What does God's Word say?" The Bible should always be our guide. And finally, living a balanced life means "Stop Scrolling" (my words), and remember that we represent God, so our lives must be based on His Word. The old question when I was a teenager was "What would Jesus Do?" 

This morning as I was listening to one of the morning sessions there was a brief pause for worship by NorthWorship, a group from Norway, whose leader is a part of ICEJ working with the Next Generation. As they began to sing a song written by Nathaniel Bassey, a worship leader from Nigeria, called Adonai, I became totally undone. I was swept into God's presence as I wept and worshiped the LORD of Lords. The words of the simple melody, repeated over and over, quietly and reverently before our LORD were:

"AAAAAAAA Adonai, AAAAAAAA Adonai, From the rising of the sun, til the setting of the same, Your Name is to be hallowed, Adonai."

My spirit joined with God's Spirit, Holy Spirit, and together we soared to Heaven. I have experienced the presence of God daily, but there have only been a few times since moving home that I have felt such a connection with Adonai like this one. It's not easy to explain what living in the presence of God is like, except to say it is Holy Ground. The Scriptures speak of dwelling in the secret place of the most high, or as Pastor Michael attempted to explain, with great frustration at times I might add, it means tabernacle with God. King David spoke of it in Scripture often:

"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." (Psalm 91:1-2) 

"You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance." (Psalm 32:7)

These verses speak of intimacy with God that comes through relationship, and it is what He desires to have with His people, including Gentile believers. I hope that those words do not cause a problem or do not settle well with anyone, as I realize that many who are in the church, who have grown up in the church still do not understand that we can actually have an intimate relationship with our Father as if He is some plasmic ghost set so far above us that He would never condescend to come to earth. Not so, Jesus left His throne in Heaven to come and dwell with us. He lived, died, rose again, and then He ascended back to Heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father. But He was faithful to His word, and He sent Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity to dwell within us. It still remains a mystery, but one day, when we are with Him in our new home in Jerusalem, we will understand. Until then I can rest on what I have learned from Scriptures and from what I have experienced. It feels like Heaven!   

No comments:

Post a Comment