Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Thoughts from Saturday




In times of uncertainty when our answers are not yet seen, why do we still cling to man-made religion and ideologies rather than seek the Author of Truth? Do we think the God of all creation is limited in His ability to speak that we need to be herded like dumb sheep stumbling in the dark? Do we have such a shortage of time that we can't wait before our Lord to listen for the still small voice? His voice is the only one I am desperate to hear.

Many things distress me about the current affairs of my life. I've been criticized, ostracized, shunned, persecuted, and recently told off by someone I was attempting to help. I have been the whipping post for angry people way too many times, and regardless of the fact that my God always vindicates, the wounds heal slowly. Words cannot be taken back which is exactly why we are warned to guard our speech. I'm not talking about wounds of a friend, because quite honestly when I needed friends none were to be found. I've had plenty of judges, juries, and executioners, but true friends, no. Still, regardless of the way I have been hammered, I'm not angry. I feel compassion and pity for my persecutors who need a touch from Jesus so badly.

I'm a student of the word, and each year as I read through the Bible, I find a fresh word from the Lord each day. We never stop learning, or at least I never do. This is why it bothers me when someone I know, enthusiastically returning to church after years of not feeling the need, comes to me with new discoveries saying "I thought I knew everything about the Bible." What he shares and the condemnation directed to others, including myself, saddens me. Quietly I listen as he expounds his new-found doctrine, totally missing the point. While he's speaking, I cry out to Jesus asking how to direct him, not wanting to dash a new-found zeal for God's word. When the time is right I speak, and this is when his expression changes, and he asks where in the Bible my response can be found.

When I'm in a quandary about anything I prefer to go to the One with true answers. I've been in many services where the power of the Holy Spirit has been so strong, but conviction is gentle and repentance is heartfelt. There is no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus. He doesn't hammer us over the head and say it's this way or the highway, no! He is gentle and gentlemanly speaking to our hearts.

How do we miss the words of Jesus spoken as He is departing this earth? His direction to we who believe is the same today as to those watching Him as He ascended to heaven to take His place at the right hand of Our Father. Go into the world and tell others about the good news! He didn't say go out into the world and cause division in churches and families, and yet this is what is happening. In fact it was prophesied that in the end times this would happen.

My own child was deceived into believing that her baptism was not good enough. That she had to belong to a certain church, read a certain version of the Bible, and several other conditions before she was acceptable to God. Everyone else was lost to include me. I was told that although I dressed like a woman my hair needed to grow out, and I had to be baptized by a certain church in order to be saved. Others are told what to eat or not to eat, what day to worship God, and what holidays are holy. I'm actually seeing these divisions the Jesus speaks about happening in families and churches over these doctrines of man and errors in judgment. All the while satan smiles.

God has spoken over and over again that if one is truly seeking Him, He will be found. If this doesn't convince you, then read Romans 14, 1 Corinthians 13, and the four gospels of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment