Saturday, October 18, 2014

Beat Goes On

The past three weeks continue to drag me down as I attempt to play "catch up" after my vacation, my surgery, and let us not forget the ongoing and grueling physical therapy twice weekly in Santa Fe, which takes an hour and a half  travel time at the end of a full workday of juggling visits, phone calls, and the last minute trainings and meetings,  all in anticipation of imminent surgery.  Whew!  No wonder I'm tired!

Otherwise, life is fun.  My mind is never dull, never relaxes, and my imagination takes me soaring to places of unbelievable wanderings.  Did that make sense?  Nonetheless this is who I am, and I guess what I do.  I am an entertainer at heart.  The hard part is trying to pep some of my energy into others in my life.  I miss my kids when they were young.  I guess I pumped so much enthusiasm into them that as adults the idea of a "puppet show" sends them packing!  No matter, I have enough enthusiasm to go around.  Remember the "Energizer Rabbit"?  I guess that's me - a never ending burst of energy.  The really interesting part is that all this energy comes when I am the busiest!  Go figure!

This month is Pastor Appreciation Month, so I have been actively involved in rallying the troops to give this our best effort for Pastor Tom.  I think sometimes that my mind works so fast that it overwhelms folks, as when I speak my thoughts are at the end of the road before I even mention the first idea.  I have already thought it out, and I guess I think they have absorbed it by osmosis. A little unrealistic, and the bad part is that I have done this all my life.  I think I have already said something, but I have fast-forwarded in my mind to the closing thought and out it comes.  Gee, it must be hard being my friend.  On more levels than one.

Maybe it's time for me to slow down my brain, learn to relax a bit and let other people come up with ideas and do the talking. Yeah, just sit on the sidelines and watch it happen rather than trying to make it happen.  What do you think? Is it time the ole gal stopped playing cheerleader and retired to the sidelines and the back pew at church?  Or do I keep rallying for the cause?!  Something to think about, eh?  In the meantime I think I will continue to march to the beat of the drum.

Catch ya later!


 
 












No comments:

Post a Comment