Saturday, October 11, 2014

Welcome to Life for the Living


"The need of the hour is not so much to 
discuss the Bread of Life as to break it and pass it
out to the hungry multitude."

Your Daily Walk
from
The Daily Walk Bible



Are you living life and loving it?  I am.  Each day is a new adventure, but the rewards of even the difficult times are undeniably profitable to say the least!

Yesterday I survived my left eye surgery, and last night after my interesting day at the mill, I enjoyed a Bible study with warm, embracing misfits.  I think the more I revisit my wonderful friend, Brennan Manning, who authored "The Ragamuffin Gospel" and share with my Bible study group the simplicity of the gospel and the immense love and patience God showers on us, I think our group and my future homes should be called..."Home for Ragamuffins, Misfits, and Rabble"!  My son, Daniel, seemed to enjoy this fresh idea, as he can be closely identified with his mother as one of the misfits of our time as well as a non-conformer.

At first when I shared with my friends in Christ that God said our Bible study would be the first of my "misfit toys" gatherings, they looked somewhat askance at me, as if to say, "me a misfit? how dare you!".  But they love me for who I am, so they didn't say a word, only smiled and waited.  Last night I read to them the words I posted from Brennan Manning's preface to his book, and they voiced both understanding and agreement and wanted to read the book.  So we're making some progress here, and I am being loved for who I am as I don't pretend to be anyone other than just me.  It's nice to be loved, wouldn't you say?

Today as the anesthesia wears off, I am still bouncing off the walls with my great enthusiasm for the things I am learning, re-learning, and finally absorbing into this somewhat thick skull about the life I've lived and the one I am yet to visit as I remain on this earth. When I reflect on the past, I am no longer allowing myself to drift into the "what ifs" of my former days, rather I can agree with my adversary quickly that while, yes I have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, I have a Savior who died for ALL my sins, and I a new creation, because He loved me and died so I could live!  So the next the "what if" demon is trying to hang over your shoulder and bring you down, just agree quickly and respond in kind.  Then tell the loser of all times to take a leap! It works for me.

The day is scurrying along, and I must focus on the tasks of the day, so I'll leave you with these thoughts, and a prayer that you be encouraged in your daily walk through life, looking forward, never behind, living the life of grace!

Hope your day is unencumbered and blessed as I know mine will be!






No comments:

Post a Comment