Saturday, February 17, 2018

Day 3 - Season of Lent


Image result for images of lent

16 February 2018

My third day of Lent was a calm, peaceful day, for which I was so grateful. I am trying to devote my time to acts of kindness, prayer, and keeping a journal of daily lessons I am learning. As I prepare my heart for instruction, I am learning that the motives of my heart may not always be pure, although I certainly want it to be so. It is so easy to become sidetracked by the struggles of life. While I am trying to listen, the phone rings or another distraction occurs that completely destroys my focus. I know this is part of the great deception, and I am beginning to realize it more often before it takes a foothold and disturbs my peace.

Today the sadness remains from yesterday. I guess I am way too sensitive to understand the lack of compassion in others. I see or hear something hurtful, and I respond from the heart. Others experience the same situation with resolve. To me everything matters, and to others nothing really disturbs their day. Perhaps that sounds too harsh, but it what I observe. And it saddens me.

I often wonder my purpose being here in this world at this stage of history. I don't feel I am making any particular contribution to society. I feel so helpless at times. Yet, I know that I do have a place in this time, so I am waiting, watching, and praying. Someone will need a shoulder. Someone will need what I have to offer. Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment