Saturday, February 24, 2018

Day 8 - Season of Lent


Image result for images of lent

21 February 2018

I slept well, and as I prepared myself for this day, Father reminded me that He goes before me. In Deuteronomy 1:29 - 31, He speaks to my giants, "Don't be shocked or afraid of them! The Lord your God is going ahead of you. He will fight for you, just as you saw Him do in Egypt. And you saw how the Lord your God cared for you all along the way as you traveled through the wilderness, just as a father cares for his child. Now He has brought you to this place."

Continuously, I am reminded of His Presence in my life, of His unconditional love for me. He only asks that I trust Him, not only for this day when the enemy is seeking my destruction, but each day as I put my trust in Him alone. He asks me to always remember His faithfulness throughout my life and to focus on His peace.

The author of my Daily Walk writes, "A wilderness is never pleasant. It tends to be dry, barren, lifeless, and uncomfortable. You tend to get thirsty there and find yourself yearning to be in a place of rest and refreshment." He also writes, "You cannot get from Mount Sinai to the Promised Land without passing through the wilderness."

May I focus on His Presence today.

No comments:

Post a Comment