Saturday, February 17, 2018

Day 2 - Season of Lent

Image result for images of Lent


15 February 2018

When we open our eyes in the morning and greet the day, we never know what the day will bring. We schedule, make plans, and just as everything is going "according to plan," the unexpected happens. The phone rings, and the world turns upside down again. Over the past six weeks I have attended too many funerals and seen way too much death and heard too much tragic news. One week ago I received such disturbing news on the eve of my close friend's mom's funeral. Today I learned of a friend's death, and it hit me very hard. My mind keeps going back to the lunch we had, plans to go to the movies, for just spending time. Now it's too late.

Ironic that earlier in the morning I was sharing with a client about focusing on the moment rather than worrying about what will happen tomorrow or next week. Living in the moment. To some this may seem a bit irresponsible, fly by the seat type of thing, but perhaps there is a place for such things. Waiting to have enough time is a poor excuse. Being too tired is just as bad. Time is precious. We can't be running around like Chicken Little waiting for the sky to fall. For some it has already come crumbling down.

Regrets, I've had enough. I want to make the days count.

No comments:

Post a Comment