Sunday, February 18, 2018

Day 5 - Season of Lent

Image result for images of lent

18 February 2018

Sometimes at the most unexpected times we come face to face with ourselves. In seeking to grow closer to Jesus, becoming more like Him, I am finding that I am so far off. Just when I begin to press in, listening, I discover my insecurities and lack of sensitivity. It can be a horrifying discovery about oneself, but it can also be a time of growth.

God is a merciful Father who adores His children, but He is also a just One. His desire for us is to become like Jesus, and to love the world as Jesus. We are in desperate times, as noted previously in my writings, and our response needs to be appropriate. It's easy to become enraged and respond to violence with violence, but if we are following Jesus, that is not the response we should have as the Body of Christ.

I used to think that the older I become, the more sensitive I become, but I now realize that the more closely I desire to be in my walk with Jesus, the more I feel what He feels, so my response is becoming more loving than angry. I sense the emptiness in others' lives, and the feelings that arise are sadness and compassion.

As for me, as I seek, I pray I find more of His likeness in my character.

No comments:

Post a Comment