Saturday, April 12, 2014

I Press On

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended:
but this one thing I do,
forgetting those things which are behind
and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize 
of the high calling  of God in Christ Jesus. 
Philippians 3:13-14

I can do all things through Christ
who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

Do you think it is ever too late to pursue a dream?  Do you feel that you are too old to start over?  I know that we all feel this way from time to time, where we start to think, "if only I had..."  Personally, I believe we can accomplish any dream, as long as it is a God honoring one, if we truly have the desire.  It says in scripture that God knows the desires of our hearts and cares.  "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." Psalm 37:4-5.  Encouraging words from the Great Encourager!

I struggle at times...okay, many times...with what I "long" to do.  There are many paths I could follow or stay put in the road I am currently on.  When I think of doing something, I often find my mind wandering to what has given me happiness, what has been rewarding to my soul.  And quite honestly what I am doing now does bring its rewards amid the challenges and outright frustrations, but I continue pressing forward daily in the hope of helping or inspiring another.  It's my "misfit toys" mindset, as I am a misfit toy.  But then, aren't we all?

Yes, life and opportunities do pass us by if we are not diligent, but, as I have shared with you about my own life, things can make a full circle.  So I challenge you, as I do myself, to take a good, long look at your life to see how your life has circled back.  Perhaps you are chronically ill, divorced and starting over, separated from your family, living across the country: considered "unqualified" when you have more experience and proven success than the person who holds the position based on degree: or countless other "who has" or "who doesn't haves".  I understand, yet you are more than that, as am I.  We can do all things when we believe in who God created us to be and trust who we are in Him.  The options, even after the age of 40, 50, 60.....or even 90, are amazing.  Just look at the lady who graduated at age 95 in Kansas, or 87 in Indiana, or any age in any state or nation!  We CAN do it!

I am pressing on in my life, particularly at this stage and age, to truly spend time in prayer and reflection to determine where I want to be, how I want to spend my day, who are the people I hold most dear, and in all of it...how I can please God by blooming where I am planted and occupying until He comes.  We do have purpose.  We have an ordained destiny.  We can press on the the high calling!  I want to, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment