Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Day in the Trenches

I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am
saved from my enemies.
Psalm 18:3


This morning I woke up later than usual.  When the froggy night alarm went off this morning I slapped it off until the 6 am role call.  I was so tired after working late, late nights this week that I decided to give myself an extra thirty minutes to snooze. I seem to have biten off more than I could chew this week, which is typical of "me" which means I am my own worst enemy at times.  Working from home can be nice, but on the flip flop, it can be worse than an office job.  Still I can set my own schedule, so that is something. 

Before I started my day I wrote a prayer in my journal asking God to help me today as I went back into the battlefield.  I asked Him to help me stand secure in faith, trusting Him.  It was a good day!  I was supposed to tune in to a conference call this afternoon about Stress in the Work Place, but honestly when I dialed in, the first few minutes were more than I could endure.  I felt more stress listening in, so I decided to call some of my friends in the field and schedule some appointments.  I love these people. Most days we giggle over over the silliest things.  I tell them I am the comic relief sent to bring them cheer.  One little lady I hadn't seen since last year was so glad to see me.  She told me that she hadn't seen me in so long, and she reported that she hadn't had a headache in a long time.  I replied that maybe the reason she hadn't had a headache was because she hadn't seen me!!  I told her to let me know if she got one after I left.  She laughed. It's nice to be loved!


No comments:

Post a Comment