Sunday, March 4, 2018

Day 19 - Season of Lent

Image result for images of Jesus praying

4 March 2018

The chimes are blowing in the wind. Amazing Grace plays sweetly. I pray the message carries across the mountains, and many answer the Savior's call.

I just finished watching A Man Called Peter about the life of Peter Marshall best known as the Chaplain of the Senate. He was a fiery Scottish pastor who received the call of God one night on his way home from night school, if I am telling the story correctly. He later met and fell in love with Catherine, whom he met at the college town where he served as a pastor at the church. It's another one of those made in heaven love stories, as God does have His plans for our lives if we only listen and follow His timing.

I love this movie, and from time to time I re-visit, as it's a favorite. Peter walked very closely with God. In fact, he couldn't do anything without hearing from God first. He depended on God's direction, especially when he had to deliver a sermon. God was his best friend.

I want to walk this closely with God, that I hear His direction for every decision I have to make. I only want what He wants for me, even if it is the hardest thing I have to do. I am at such a crossroads, where each day I have to focus so closely to hearing His voice that I cannot think past the moment. I am waiting, and that is not a comfortable place for me. But if it is what He wants, I trust Him.

Jesus understands our every weakness, as He struggled Himself in the Garden of Gethsemane. Yet, as He responds, so I pray I have the courage to say, "Nevertheless, not my will but Thine be done, O Father."

No comments:

Post a Comment