7/24/2026
"And one cried unto another and said,
'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory.'”
Isaiah 6:3
I have to laugh, as I think about the way my days often begin. My first "Good Morning" is for Abba as I open my eyes and thank Him for a good sleep, even if it's been somewhat restless, because I wake up, and a new day has begun. As I walk into the bathroom, I glance out the window and see the familiar sight - Alex sitting on the grass, looking up at the window, waiting to see me. He's naturally happy to see that I finally decided to show up, and he lets me know that he's hungry. Fae, our new little kitten is meowing now, because she's heard my footsteps, and she's heard my voice. So, as I hurry into the kitchen I am greeted by Mia who is sitting by her bowls, obviously dissatisfied that she has not been first to get my attention. When I decided to move back home to Virginia I hadn't counted on having cats as part of my life, but I can't complain, as they do bring laughter to my life. Once I satisfy each of the cats' needs, I grab my cup of coffee and head back to my room for my morning quiet time.
A cool, fresh breeze blows across my face, as I gaze out of the front bedroom window. An older lady is slowly and quietly walking her dog in front of my house. I watch her as her little dog leads her around the corner onto the next street, as she disappears from sight, only to reappear shortly thereafter, as she heads back past my house from the direction she first came. I've never seen her before, and I didn't get a careful look, but I'll remember the little pup. Perhaps she's someone who lived here as a child, like me, or maybe she's new to the neighborhood. I hope I see her again, as I want to get to know the people who live here.
In the distance I hear a plane overhead from the US Army base only a few miles from my home where I used to work as a civilian employee. Much has changed I'm certain after so many years away. The old hospital buildings have long been torn down, and new accommodations provided for the growing military inductees and their families. The base has grown, and they have modernized with their own bank and fast food restaurants on base. I'm sure it would take quite a bit of time to find my way around the facility, as it's grown so large. They have changed the name also, probably when all the changes were being made nationally over inappropriate names or the reasons behind the names. I don't think there was any prejudice involved in the naming of of the base initially as Fort Lee, but many things went berserk when streets were ablaze a few years ago. Not something I really want to remember, and yet, it continues in our streets and across our nation and world today.
Thankfully, the sun is shining, and I'll have the opportunity to get my grass cut and a few other outside chores completed. I'll send my son to Food Lion for a few supplies, while I complete what's needed to do here. I'm excited to finally get outside after all the rain we've had, but perhaps I needed those days to complete my writing for one thing, plus the extra rest was good for me.
The green chile I pre-ordered from New Mexico in March is also arriving this afternoon, so we'll have to be ready to roast and freeze it on Monday. There are few smells as wonderful as roasting green chile as the wind blows and gently wafts intoxicating smell across the yard. I miss familiar smells, but at least I have a small bit of New Mexico here, and I am able to enjoy many of our dishes cooked by my hands here in Virginia. Heaven on earth!
It's a wonderful way to ease into my Sabbath rest!
No comments:
Post a Comment