Friday, May 23, 2014

In Heaven's Eyes



 In Heaven's Eyes
by 
Sandi Patty


A fervent prayer rose up to heaven, a fragile soul is losing ground
Sorting through this earthly babble, heaven heard the sound

This was a life with no distinction, no successes, only tries
Yet gazing down on this unlovely one, there was love in heaven's eyes

In heaven's eyes, there are no losers, in heaven's eyes no hopeless cause
Only people like you with feelings like me amazed by the grace we can find
In heaven's eyes

A restless child, a wayward father, a lonely traveler in the rain
When life goes on and no one bothers heaven feels the pain

Looking down, He sees each heart ache, knows each sorrow, hears each cry
And looking up, we see compassion's fire ablaze in heaven's eyes

In heaven's eyes, there are no losers, in heaven's eyes no hopeless cause
Only people like you with feelings like me, and we're amazed by the grace we can find
In heaven's eyes!



Music has always been very important to me especially in times when no matter how hard I try, I cannot seem to make sense out of things.  The song above is one I sang when I actually sang in church.  These days I cannot find my voice in public to sing along with a congregation much less a solo.  I'm guessing it has to do with this spiritual place I'm in right now amidst the confusion, the "noise" as I dub it.  You can be in a field in the middle of no where and be surrounded by "noise". To some perhaps that's fear or sheer frustration crying out.  "What do I do?!"

I still find myself in a dither, but my vision is still very clear.  I am closer to a resolution today, but there are things I need to "tidy up".  For this I need to focus, remain calm, and listen as my fingers pound the board.  I have a four day weekend.  Time to reflect.  Hopefully, once decided, I can act clearly, decisively, regardless of the flack that will surely come my way.  Face set forward, not looking back or off to the side, determined and confirmed.  This is my time. God's time, and my prayer is that I do not let Him down.

There are always voices, comments, innuendos, opinions glazed with pointing fingers, guilt and shame that buzz around inside your head so loudly that it screams loudly, seemingly audible. At that moment all we can do is fall to our knees, arms lifted to the sky and surrender to the only One who can give peace. Allow God's love to bathe us and wash away the hurt, the pain, the lies, the screams, the feeling of helplessness, hopelessness, despair. Wash away the ugly, cruel, demanding, heartless words of those who do not understand and never will.  And we stay in that place until we can relinquish the feelings and rise "amazed by the grace we can find In heaven's eyes."




2 comments:

  1. Remember teaching me the kids' chorus, "Get thee behind me, Satan, get thee away" etc? Still comes in real handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do, and I used it not too long ago in church. Brought out the puppets for the first
      time in quite awhile.

      Delete