Thursday, May 22, 2014

Part 1 - The Way of Understanding (continued)

 But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,
and that he will stand upon this earth at last.
And I know that after this body has 
decayed, this body shall see
God!
Job 19:25-26


This past weekend my heart was so impassioned by the words God had placed in me, to the words He was speaking to me and the understanding he was imparting. Not really new words, but my heart was at peace for the moment, even though my physical body was in pain. There is always a price to pay when you speak out in boldness praising the great name of the Lord.  Opportunities present themselves each day, and my boldness in reaching others with the message of love and hope has increased.  My only mission has been to do the work God has given me in the natural world to do effectively and to be a beacon of hope to those who feel so helpless and hopeless.

This week has been more of a struggle for me.  At this writing I feel so weary and broken, but as I walk beside Job in my daily walk through the pages of his life, I can say with him, "...I know my Redeemer lives..."  Although at this moment I feel betrayed by some I know He is by my side.  Although my vision is hazy, and like Elijah after battling the prophets of Baal, my heart grows weary, and I want to flee to the caves, I will focus my sight and my faith on who God is and what He is doing.  To be honest with you my spiritual, emotional, physical and mental health has been sapped from me in the past four days.  I feel that my face is in the dust, and I can only cry out the name of Jesus.  Jesus, the only name that matters, the only source of peace.  Jesus.

Do not be mistaken by my honest portrait of myself as I share my journey this day.  I believe God allows things for His purpose.  And if I am going to write and speak the truth for His glory alone, then I will face the consequences for interfering with the plans of satan. I have learned countless times what it is like to incur his wrath.  But I know his time is limited, his threats futile, his darts rendered inoperative as I place my trust in my Father.  Scripture says He is not a man that He should lie, but that every word He will accomplish; His word does not return void.

Today as I begin again I gather my courage and my resolve that no matter what I encounter, whatever words may come to attack or malign me, I will stand secure on the Rock of my salvation,  the only Name, the Name of Jesus.  And I will stand armored and protected, because Jesus never fails.


No comments:

Post a Comment