Thursday, May 1, 2014

Make It Count

Although each day has its ups and down, disappointments, today was actually a good day!  Plus it is Thursday, so tomorrow is Friday, and then...the weekend!!  I am looking forward to some R&R or time I call "sitting in God's lap"!

I was able to get some groceries picked up in my running around and busy schedule this week, so I do not have to do that on Saturday.  I need to catch up on some reading and writing letters of encouragement to some friends who need the support.  There are always many opportunities to share a smile, a word, a prayer with another who may be going through some hard places.  We've all been there, haven't we?  Days get tough and life gets rocky, but we keep pluggin' along, as my mama always told me.  I miss my parents more each day, but I praise God that I had the time I did with them, and I especially remember the positive influence they were and continue to be in my life.  Value the time you have with your family, as it is oh so brief.

As the weekend approaches I hope I make the time to reflect on the lessons I have learned this week and apply some positive action to my life.  The more I listen to the news on the radio or come into contact with people in my everyday life, I realize more and more how fragile life is.  It is very transitory, and we are not promised tomorrow, so we need to live for today and accomplish the most we can for the cause of Christ.  People need hope, and we have the answer.  So, I challenge you, as I do myself, to make each day count!


No comments:

Post a Comment