Saturday, May 24, 2014

Part 2 - The Path of Healing (contiued)

  Break Every Chain
by Digital Age

There is power in the name of Jesus
There is power in the name of Jesus
There is power in the name of Jesus
To break every chain
Break every chain
Break every chain

You're the all sufficient sacrifice
So freely given such a price
Bought our redemption
Heaven's gates swing wide

There's an army rising up
There's an army rising up
There's an army rising up
To break every chain
Break every chain
Break every chain

To break every chain
Break every chain
Break every chain


There is power in the name of Jesus!  These are the words I hear over and over again. Seems like I am being sung to all the time here lately. I guess God is trying to bring the truth home to me, in His subtle way.  Ya know, we sing of His wonderful name, "Oh, the wonder of Your Name...."  We quote scriptures, hang framed scriptures or plaques on our walls. We say things like, "we want to know you, we trust you and reverence your Name." We lift our hands in praise to God, as the music plays on and on, louder and louder, people responding, swaying, engaged in worship. But is it true worship or simply responding to a tune, a beat?  Could we be as entranced if there were only words written on a screen, repeated in unison, without music, just the sound of our voices?  What is true worship? Genuine praise?

Sadly I have witnessed that more times than not there is hype in music, hype in prayers, hype in every aspect of our Christian lives, and never seeing God for who He truly is or worshiping Him in genuine praise.  Only a momentary glimpse, and we're off spouting more words, more scriptural verbage - human understanding without truly recognizing who He is and what He is saying to us!  And we think we have progressed since the exodus from Egypt, through the sands of the desert, wandering in the wilderness. We are still groping away in the shadows, missing the light!

There is power in the name of Jesus.  Within the pages of scripture the names of God bear testimony to His name:


 


In assurance He says to us, "Be still and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10).  All He wants is our obedience and our love, as He poured out His love to us. As He gave all He had for us. 

I'm facing a challenging time in my life where I know I need to make some changes, but change is not always easy, is it?  Especially after a lifetime of readjustments and starting over. My one constant has been my faith, my hope, my solid trust in Jesus. I was sharing with my daughter today about my blogs, and we reminded each other of the scriptures we cling to, places of peace, healing.  "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance."  Words of strength offering a solid ground on which we stand.  Places He takes us for healing.

As I walk hand in hand with Jesus He is leading me into a new direction, and it is a little scary at times, but I know I'll be okay.  My family may not understand, as they seldom do, but that's okay, because it's my life, my walk, my healing.  And I have the best Comforter and Friend who's walking close beside, guiding my way, breaking every chain!




No comments:

Post a Comment